Thursday, January 15, 2009

SEWMAD

Being the crazy college student that I am, I have very strange sleeping habits. So last night, I decided that I'm going to try-out the sewing machine that my boyfriend's AWESOME parents gave me for Christmas.
And although I love the crazy things that John Galliano designs, I opt for more "wearable" items for my own personal stash. So last night at about 2 in the morning, I was on www.style.com
searching for some wonderful stuff to make. And due to the fact that it's been in the 80'S this past couple of days here in Southern California...something light and feminine was on my list. And the funny thing is that I found things
that I LOVED in Donna Karan's 2008 spring line. So besides the fact that it's going back a year, I
still love them. They ac
tually remind me of my favorite show....MAD MEN. The feminine and yet sophisticated silhouette is bound to capture anyone's heart. And in the neutral color range it's a rather versatile line.I have some cotton/linen blend fabric with fall color embroidery on the bottom that I think will work perfectly for the skirt in the first picture. Now I just have to get my fanny to the gym...so I can actually look like some of these ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment