Tuesday, January 13, 2009

All Shiny and New in 2009

Welcome ladies and gents to the first of many postings. I can not tell you how excited I am to finally get my butt off the couch and typing.
In any case, this is a place for all the fashionistas to get their groove on.
And as I pledged to myself for this year, I will allow my creativity to flow as much as possible. A little bit about From Motherland With LOVE......It's here with the latest in FASHION, KNITWEAR, SEWING, COOKING, BAKING and everything else that surrounds my rather creative life.

So with that said.....I'd like to dedicate my first post to Look over one of my favorite craft.....Knitting. And ever since I moved to Los Angeles from the actual seasons of Suburban Maryland, I have been craving to knit things with wool....Oh beautiful wool. I want it, I need it, I crave it....and I have no reason to. So....instea
d of knitting for myself, I decided to knit for other people. My mother for one, a true Russian at heart is somehow ALWAYS cold. SO I decided that she was much in need of a pair of Cashmere Socks. And since she decided that she was mad at me and booked a vacation for the whole family - myself to Germany for Christmas/New Years. So I thought that the best way to get back in to her good spirits would be by making the socks and getting them to her by the time she was ready to go. So after endless hours of searching I found them. The perfect pair. The Caspian Sea Socks from www.knittingdaily.com. And what impressed me even more is that I decided to raid my ENORMOUS yarn stash, instead of going out and buying new yarn. And I was in LUCK I had plenty of left overs of Grignasco cashmere from Jennifer Knits in Los Angeles.....and let me tell you my mother cried when she got them!!!!!! And I promise, I will upload a photo of them, as soon as I find my camera.....some how I have a strange feeling that My two fluffies ate it.




1 comment:

  1. you are ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!! miss you girl!

    ReplyDelete